- Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle PL/SQL
- Unix/Linux, Windows, Windows Server, Mac OSX
- Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks and other Master Collection Applications
- Various Content Management Systems including Drupal, Joomla, and WordPress
Webmaster and DBA
July 2003 – Present
- Develop site style and standards for the siprep.org website
- Create and launch the siprep.org website including site organization, design, style, graphics, templates, technologies (web servers and databases) under a tight deadline. Redesign the website 3 and 6 years later.
- Evaluate and select development tools
- Develop and administer any necessary Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) databases
- Interface with members of the community to develop their presence on the website
- Train faculty and staff how to update the portions of the website for which they are responsible
- Manage permissions on the web server
- Program features for the website (using primarily ColdFusion and SQL)
- Manage all correspondence to email@example.com
- Evaluate, recommend and implement new features, software, code and technologies for the website
- Consult with all school offices and departments to determine how they should best utilize the website in order for the offices to reach their goals, and then implement the content and features
- Work with other schools in the area to enhance their use of technology
Applications Developer and DBA
January 2002 – July 2003
- Responsible for developing internal applications for data migration and data-sharing between in-house and outsourced applications
- Responsible for pushing new code builds from development servers to staging, demo, and production servers, making sure that all appropriate configuration changes and migration scripts have been applied.
- Created custom reports from Oracle and SQL Server databases upon requests of executives, clients, and internal staff.
- Responsible for account management of the company’s largest client (beginning 3/2003)
Grassroots Enterprise, San Francisco, CA
QA and Support Engineer
September 2001 – December 2002
- Provide 2nd Tier support for company’s ASP product Grassroots Multiplier.
- Trained internal personnel and customers on technical and usability aspects of the product
- Respond to all technical queries from Customer Service by researching product and either providing immediate answers, triaging to the appropriate engineers, submitting feature requests, or submitting bug reports and escalating priority as appropriate
- Simultaneously held QA responsibilities including devising test cases, designing and performing automated testing, and management and development of bug-tracking database.
Grassroots Enterprise, San Francisco, CA
July 2000 – January 2002
- In-house ColdFusion and Oracle PL/SQL programming
- Overcame challenges involving porting operating systems, database performance, incomplete projects and minimal documentation.
- Accomplished all programming necessary for contractual obligation of sale of website to the League of Women Voter’s Education Fund. Built archiving system so that website visitors and administrators can access archived data in the database.
- Troubleshoot problematic code to increase website performance and capacity 10-fold
- Worked closely with non-technical team and partners to build website features that were wanted and fix bugs that were not wanted. Known for being able to wear many hats and for completing projects under budget and ahead of schedule.
CNET Networks, Inc., San Francisco, CA
Associate Technical Producer,
July 1999 – July 2000
- Develop and maintain content management tools used by editors, managers, and content managers.
- Develop mockups of websites using input from team members, coordinate communication on revisions and further development, and make them available to all team members.
- Making further developments and revisions to help.com and making those changes throughout the network of servers.
- Responsible for sending the daily help.com tips newsletters to 700,000+ subscribers.
Internet Programmer / Projects Assistant
September 1997 – July 1999
- Program as well as manage design of multimedia CD-ROMs for clients.
- Analyze new technologies and evaluate the feasibility of implementation.
- Analyze log files on web servers and generate marketing reports for in-house use and for all clients.
Claremont McKenna College, Claremont, CA
B.A. Environment, Economics, and Politics
Graduated May 1995